One of my biggest tips for easy meal prep and variation for a busy week is having pre-made sauces and spice mixes on hand! Making a double or triple batch of a sauce or spice mix allows the ability to change around proteins and veggies during the week for meal variation without extra work! In this recipe I season the chicken with my homemade Italian Seasoning and pair the chicken with my homemade tamponade. The tamponade recipe makes 4 cups and can be stored in the refrigerator for later use! The Italian Seasoning recipe makes 2 cups of seasoning and can be stored in an air tight container in the pantry!! Having these ingredients on hand allows for a quick dish! In addition to poultry, try the seasoning and tamponade on fish, steaks and veggies throughout the week for additional quick dishes!
- 3 lb chicken drumsticks (you can always substitute out chicken legs or thighs for drumsticks if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Bell Pepper, Olive and Caper Tamponade
- Preheat grill to low/medium low 325F
- Combine drumsticks and Italian Seasoning in a bowl and mix well to coat the drumsticks
- Grill drumsticks covered for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes increase the grill temperature to medium and complete cooking until internal temperature of 165F (5-10 more minutes)
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes to complete the cooking process
- Serve with Tamponade
Visit the link above to learn more about Never Say Never Wellness, where you will find articles related to all things health and wellness such as healthy recipes, yoga, mediation, family, friends, self care and the home!