Interested in working with animals and learning the ins and outs of regenerative agriculture? 1915 Farm is direct to consumer regenerative farm raising premium grassfed and pasture raised beef, pork, and chicken, shipping our products all across Texas and the United States.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a highly dependable, experienced and motivated farm and ranch hand capable of taking on farm projects and seeing them through to the end.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working around various types of livestock, outdoors in all seasons and weather conditions. They will work well with others, communicate with supervision, and have a "can-do" attitude.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Fence work
- Brush control
- Loading, sorting, moving livestock and chickens
- Feeding livestock, checking for sickness etc
- Castrating/doctoring livestock
- Checking/fixing water lines
- Light mechanical work
- Light construction work
- Powerwashing various things
- Cleaning/mucking chick brooder
- Lifting and unloading meat
An example of a typical day would be feeding and caring for livestock in the morning - chickens, hogs, and cattle and doing farm projects in the afternoons like fencing, brush control, cleaning equipment etc
- MUST have clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and work in all weather conditions
- Experience around livestock, and general animal husbandry skills
- A self-starter willing and able to get the job done
The hours for this position is 7 am-4 pm working 9 days on, and 5 days off. This schedule works out to working every other weekend.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $12.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Retirement Plan
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Email a resume and cover letter to Catherine@1915farm.com
Let us know if you are looking for full time position or an intern position.